Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2024 Commodore's Cup

Per an email from Vice Commodore Ed Matson on Jan 13, 2024:

Commodores Cup:

The Commodores Cup will be a low keyed race. Governed, by fog racing “rules” and start times. Main difference will  be,  you will  have to text (707-498-4074) or email me your finish times and there will be awards given at the end of the year.
All Commodore Races will start the first Saturday in February to the ed March 9th.  Only your four best races will be scored.  Three  boats must race to count as a race.  Course will be hailed or given on VHF channel 69.
Curt Brown will call the course as always.  If he’s not racing, I will call the course, and if neither of us are racing anybody can call the course.
Nonracers:  If you don’t like to race, come out and enjoy a sail around the bay with friends.  If enough of you sail we can have a cruising class, i.e. start your motor, drink a beer, or just have fun on the water.  Bring water guns and squirt any racer that comes too close to you.
Hope to see you on the bay,
Ed

Thanks for trying this Series again, Ed.  Not sure what happened to the most well attended series of last year.  They must have canceled it after I left the planning meeting.  Always seems to be a handful of changes that aren't part of the meeting and show up on(or off) the schedule.  I was looking forward to a Commodores Cup this year but the weather has been pretty crappy anyway.